Two bay frame structure with gable end facing Witherspoon Street. There is a two story three sided bay window on the left side next to the entrance door and a one over one window on the right. There is a full width shed roof porch with three ornamental bracketed posts. The entrance stair and porch railings are wood with square 2x2 balusters. The side elevation (south) on the alley has four windows and a central steel stove pipe against the wall coming from the basement. There is vinyl siding on all exterior wall surfaces.
The house was constructed c. 1895. Historic atlases as late as 1890 show a vacant lot in this location. The house first appears on the historic map of 1898, which identifies the property as 100 Witherspoon Street. The property appears on all later maps and historic aerials.