Solterra will collect and dispose of Princeton's residential trash and bulky items for 2022.
- Residential trash must be placed curbside before 6 AM on the day of collection or after 6 PM the night prior to collection (off the road surface)
- Residents shall provide their own lidded containers for trash collection. You are allowed a maximum of four plastic or metal-lidded containers (with or without wheels), which are 32 or 50-gallon containers.
- Do not leave trash out in plastic bags or use the recycling buckets for household trash. All trash must be in the trash container
- Bins cannot weigh any more than 50 pounds per bin with trash in it
- Empty containers shall be removed from the curb by 12 midnight after collection
Included Bulky Items
- There is a limit of two large bulky items per week in addition to normal household trash. Examples of bulky items include:
- Mattress and/or box spring (these must be wrapped in plastic or they will not be collected)
- Mirrors (they must be wrapped completely in tape to prevent shattering)
- Most home furnishings
- Small metal file cabinets (cannot weigh more than 50lbs)
- Sofa (Up to a 3 seater. Sectionals must be taken apart)
- Each bulky item must weigh no more than 50lbs.
- Bulky materials shall be placed curbside (off the road surface and sidewalks) in an area no larger than 6 feet long by 3 feet wide.
- Rugs must be cut into 3-foot sections and can be no wider than 12 inches or weigh more than 50 pounds
- All glass items must be wrapped completely in tape to prevent shattering.
- Latex paint cans can be disposed of in the trash as long as they are completely dry. Kitty litter or sand can be added to the paint cans to dry it out.
This collection does not include:
- Air conditioners
- Appliances (ovens, stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Automotive parts
- Broken concrete, bricks/pavers
- Building materials
- Computer monitors
- Construction debris
- Electronics and televisions (computers, monitors, televisions, etc.) (See Electronic Waste Events)
- Flammable items such as lawnmowers, grills, oil-based paint cans, etc.
- Hot tubs, spas, and covers
- Leaves, brush/yard debris, dirt
- Propane tanks
- Recyclables (See Recycling Schedule)
- Swing sets
- Water heaters
2022 Holiday Trash Collection Schedule
When a holiday falls on a scheduled collection day, pick-up will be the next day.
- Saturday, January 1, 2022 - No change
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Collection will be Tuesday, May 31, 2022
- Monday, July 4, 2022 - Collection will be Tuesday, July 5, 2022
- Monday, September 5, 2022 - Collection will be Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 - Collection will be Friday, November 25, 2022
- Sunday, December 25, 2022 - No Change
Missed Trash Collection
If your trash has not been collected by 7 PM of your scheduled pick-up day please report it online. Please have the following information when you report this:
- Date of the scheduled collection
- Email address
- Number of containers left at the curb
- Telephone number
- Time left at the curb
Please leave your missed containers at the curb for collection, unless notified otherwise by the Department of Public Works.