Residential trash in Princeton is collected weekly by section by the Municipality’s contractor Solterra. Residential properties with one up to four dwelling units are eligible for this service. For properties with more than 5 units, the property owner is responsible for contracting privately for trash collection.
Residential Trash Collection Regulations:
- Residents shall provide a maximum of 4 lidded containers for trash collection no larger than 50 gallons each. The containers shall weigh less than 50 pounds with trash.
- Trash in plastic bags or recycling buckets will not be collected. All trash must be in the trash container.
- Containers shall be placed curbside (off of the road surface) between 6 PM the night before to 6 AM on the day of collection.
- Empty containers shall be removed from curbside before 12 midnight on the day of collection.
- Latex paint cans may be disposed of in the trash as long as they are completely dry. Kitty litter or sand can be added to the paint cans to dry it out.
Residential Bulk Collection Regulations:
- Residents shall place a maximum of 2 large bulk items no larger than 6 feet long by 3 feet wide, weighing less than 50 pounds each. Examples of bulk items include:
- Plastic-wrapped Mattress and/or box spring (these must be wrapped in plastic or they will not be collected)
- Mirrors (they must be wrapped completely in tape to prevent shattering)
- Most home furnishings
- Small metal file cabinets
- Sofa (Up to a 3 seater. Sectionals must be taken apart)
- Rugs cut into 3-foot sections, no wider than 12 inches, weighing less than 50 pounds
- Bulk materials shall be placed curbside (off the road surface and sidewalks) in an area no larger than 6 feet long by 3 feet wide.
- Air conditioners
- Appliances (water heaters, ovens, stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Automotive parts
- Broken concrete, bricks/pavers
- Building materials and construction debris
- Electronics and televisions (computers, monitors, televisions, etc.) (See Electronic Waste Events)
- Flammable items (propane tanks, lawnmowers, grills, oil-based paint cans, etc.)
- Hot tubs, spas, and covers
- Leaves, brush/yard debris, dirt
- Recyclables (See Recycling Schedule)
- Swing sets
2022 Trash Collection Schedule
Trash is collected weekly by section. When the scheduled collection day occurs on one of the following holidays, pick-up will occur on the date listed below:
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Collection will be Tuesday, May 31, 2022
- Monday, July 4, 2022 - Collection will be Tuesday, July 5, 2022
- Monday, September 5, 2022 - Collection will be Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 - Collection will be Friday, November 25, 2022
Missed Trash Collection
If your trash has not been collected by 7 PM of your scheduled pick-up day please report it online. Please provide the following information with your report:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of the scheduled collection
- Time left at the curb
- Number of containers left at the curb
Please leave your missed containers at the curb for collection, unless notified otherwise by the Department of Engineering and Infrastructure Operations.