All court sessions are now being held virtually and with court-approvedGavel and flag forms. No one will be admitted into the municipal building for court until further notice. If you have a court matter please email the Court.

Email is the most efficient way to reach the Princeton Municipal Court at this time. If you do not have email, you may call the Municipal Court at 609-924-5042 or leave a voice message for the Municipal Court through Access Princeton 609-924-4141. Thank you.

Municipal Court

The Municipal Court is dedicated to creating and maintaining an independent, professional environment where fair, efficient, and knowledgeable service is provided to ensure that matters are resolved expeditiously and equitably. The Princeton Municipal Court receives and files all complaints signed by law enforcement officers and private citizens for violations that occur in Princeton. The types of cases resolved in the Princeton Municipal Court include:

  • Disorderly persons offenses
  • Local traffic laws
  • Municipal ordinance violations
  • Petty disorderly persons offenses
  • State traffic laws

Department Functions

  • Collect fines or assessments if owed
  • Provide disposition reports or other requested records
  • Resolve tickets and complaints
  • Schedule cases for Court

Parking Ticket

If you received a parking ticket and believe the meter did not work properly, please complete this online form.

Appearing in Princeton Municipal Court

If you plan to plead not guilty and appear in Court you must notify the Court. If you fail to notify the Court it may be necessary to make additional appearances. Please see the back of your ticket or summons for additional information.

If the "Court Appearance Required" box on your ticket or summons is marked then you must appear in Court on the date and time indicated.

Reschedule Court Date

If you would like to change a Court date you must contact the Municipal Court. Cases may or may not be eligible for reschedule. A request for a new Court date does not excuse your appearance for the existing Court date.  You must appear as scheduled until and unless a member of the Court staff confirms a new Court date.