- Passport Processing
Passport Application Processing
Passport application processing is available by appointment only, Monday-Friday (except Municipal holidays), between 10 am-4 pm (The last appointment is at 3:30 pm)
Call the Clerk's office to schedule an appointment, at 609-924-5704. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Please review the US Department of State's website for current processing times and options for applying/renewing a passport.
If you fill out the application online and print it to bring with you, do not print on both sides. If a mistake is made on the application, the processing center will no longer accept applications with errors crossed out. You must complete a new application.
Children under the age of 16 must be present and accompanied by both parents. Please review the US Department of State's website if both parents cannot be present.
You must have the following items with you or you will need to reschedule:
Payments (2 separate payments needed)
- Check or money order made out to the US Department of State
- Payment to Princeton for processing. (Cash, Check, Money Order or Credit Card)
Proof of American Citizenship (Original documents only)
- Certified Birth Certificate with both parents' names listed
- Previous passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (If your name has changed)
- Valid US Drivers License
- School ID with photo
- Military ID
- Government Issued ID
- Parent's ID is needed in lieu of ID for minors
Colored Passport Photo
- Photo must have been taken within the past six months
- 2 X 2 inches in size
- Front view only
- White plain background - no shadows
- Do not smile
- Do not wear glasses
The Clerk's office does not issue passports. The US Department of State issues them. If there is a problem with getting your passport once you have been processed at the Clerk's office you must call the US Department of State, 1-888-874-7793.
Mercer County Connection is also processing passports by appointment only. They can be reached at 609-890-9800 or by email.